Oni Island Floor 4 Skips
Note: This page describes a glitch, trick, or exploit. To see others, click here.
There are various ways to skip small and large portions of Oni Island Floor 4.
Staircase Cutscene Skip
At the start of floor 4, to the left, there is a staircase. At the top of the staircase is a cutscene trigger for an unskippable camera pan. This can be skipped by instead grabbing the electric key, going down the hallway, jumping on top of the paper doors, and jumping around to the electric platforms. This saves about 3s.
Alternatively, one can run through the doors and hug the left corner. This allows you to avoid the fight trigger (with two Guardians) while remaining grounded, allowing Ammy to build more dash. From there, one can do a double jump tackle bounce against the wall to land on the electric platforms.
With precise initial positioning, one can use Vine on the flower at the top of the map to clip Ammy through a lower ceiling. From there, one can cut the vine, tackle bounce inside the wall, and Vine again the clip Ammy up through the bridge to Ninetales's arena.
These sections describe outdated tricks on this map:
Skip Final Tobi Race (NG+)
In NG+, it is possible to skip the final race with Tobi by using KT's to reach the exit portal to Ninetales' boss arena from the room that contains the Red and Blue Ogre fight trigger. To reach this room, one must first complete the penultimate Tobi Race, which can be quickly reached by KT'ing up to the upper staircase in the tall room with the swinging spider.
Skip to Final Tobi Race (NG)
In NG runs, it isn't possible to skip the last Tobi race, but we can instead skip the penultimate race to still save a great deal of time. This involves performing a Brush Adventure to clip the brush camera through a wall to blow it up with Cherry Bomb from the other side.
- Immediately after entering the floor, turn left and grab the electric key.
- Perform the Staircase Cutscene Skip described above.
- In the tall room with the swinging spider, get onto the upper level of electric platforms (but not the top level, behind the spider).
- Tackle jump, double jump, and then air tackle into the staircase while holding the camera button. This causes the camera to flip around rapidly. By pressing brush at the right time, you can catch both Ammy and the Vine Flower at the top of the room in frame. # Use Vine to pull Ammy up to the flower.
- From here, jump to the opposite ledge with the bare wall.
- Force Ammy into the bottom left corner.
- Using inner camera, angle the camera to face all down, and make it so the bottom edge of the camera is parallel with the bottom edge of the platform, and the bare wall is on the left.
- Brush, then drag the brush all the way down. Do not rotate the camera during this Brush Adventure.
- Release all analogue inputs, then release the brush button.
- Brush again and drag the brush all the way left, then (without re-brushing again) all the way up.
- Re-brush one more time and drag the camera directly left. It should clip directly into the wall.
- Draw a Cherry Bomb on the other side of the wall. Drawing it on top of the pots will make it blow up instantly consistently.
- Perform a tackle jump, double jump, and air tackle to reach the other side where the final Tobi race starts.
- Step on Tobi's switch, then immediately brush and Vine to the same flower as earlier.
- It's possible Ammy will get caught on the top of the cracked wall. If this happens, start the Tobi race over.
- Air tackle through the bars to defeat Tobi.
- Dash across the bridge to complete floor 4.