Crashes and Softlocks
Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are a number of crashes or softlocks in Okami that may affect a player, particularly when using certain speedrun strategies. Many of the softlocks can be lockpicked using KT Glitch, but will permanently trap new game files.
- If you perform Wawku Key Skip, your game will crash as you exit the Nechku fight arena. You can avoid this by either performing Nechku Skip, or by balancing the scales in the ice ball room prior to doing the key skip.
- You can force crash the game by doing the canvas overflow glitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1NSMKG4WX0.
- Dojo Clip can result in a softlock if you fail the trick. There is a black box of collision surrounding the dojo, which you cannot escape if you incur a near miss when falling into the dojo.
- Fireburst Early can result in a softlock if you fail the trick. If you land in the cat chef's oven, you're cooked.
- Gale Shrine Origin Warp will softlock you in new game if you lack double jump to perform Gale Shrine Escape. There is no known way to escape the elevator with single jump, and it is locked by a Lockjaw.
- Oni Island Origin Warp will softlock you in new game. It can be achieved by 1st frame jumping into the lava. KT Glitch is required to prevent yourself from repeatedly free-falling to a void plane, which loops the origin warp infinitely.
- ICB will softlock you if you warp to North Ryoshima prior to killing the water dragon.