Crashes and Softlocks
Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are a number of crashes or softlocks in Okami that may affect a player, particularly when using certain speedrun strategies. Many of the softlocks can be lockpicked using KT Glitch, but will permanently trap new game files.
- If you perform Wawku Key Skip, your game will crash as you exit the Nechku fight arena. You can avoid this by either performing Nechku Skip, or by balancing the scales in the ice ball room prior to doing the key skip.
- You can force crash the game by doing the canvas overflow glitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1NSMKG4WX0.
- Dojo Clip can result in a softlock if you fail the trick. There is a black box of collision surrounding the dojo, which you cannot escape if you incur a near miss when falling into the dojo.
- Fireburst Early can result in a softlock if you fail the trick. If you land in the cat chef's oven, you're cooked.
- Gale Shrine Origin Warp will softlock you in new game if you lack double jump to perform Gale Shrine Escape. There is no known way to escape the elevator or upper floors with single jump, and it is locked by a Lockjaw whose key cannot be reached. You can die to a demon scroll to respawn at a golden gate, if you have activated one previously.
- Oni Island Origin Warp will softlock you in new game. It can be achieved by 1st frame jumping into the lava. KT Glitch is required to prevent yourself from repeatedly free-falling to a void plane, which loops the origin warp infinitely.
- ICB will softlock you if you warp to North Ryoshima prior to killing the water dragon.
- Early Thunderstorm can result in a softlock if you rejuvenate Gekigami while in midair and do not complete the constellation before you drown. Amaterasu will fall down the cliff, and begin drowning, if you look at the constellation without brushing. Once Amaterasu drowns, the constellation will no longer work.
- Sasa Early can result in a softlock if you fall directly into Jamba's room on the 2nd floor, and then trigger the elevator while it is still on the 1st floor. The result is being put in an elevator box with no exit. This has been escaped once with double jump, but is believed to be inescapable with single jump.
- Fighting a boss without the required power will result in a softlock. Spider Queen cannot be damaged without vine, and Ninetails cannot be damaged without thunderstorm. You can die to the boss to respawn at a golden gate, if you have activated one previously.