Crashes and Softlocks
Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are a number of crashes or softlocks in Okami that may affect a player, particularly when using certain speedrun strategies. Some of the softlock scenarios can be lockpicked using KT Glitch, but will permanently trap new game files.
- If you perform Wawku Key Skip, your game will crash as you exit the Nechku fight arena. You can avoid this by either performing Nechku Skip, or by balancing the scales in the ice ball room prior to doing the key skip.
- You can force crash the game by doing the canvas overflow glitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1NSMKG4WX0.
- The Ryoshima Coast brush adventure to waterspout the guardian sapling can activate a state enabling player control during cutscenes. This occurs when you waterspout the intermediate pool at the same time as the guardian sapling. During that state, certain actions such as blooming the sapling during the cutscene can result in a crash.
- Unloading a character while you are speaking to them can result in a crash. For example, enabling [[WWT] in Kusa Village and then walking far enough away from a character while their text box is open.
- Dojo Clip can result in a softlock if you fail the trick. There is a black box of collision surrounding the dojo, which you cannot escape if you incur a near miss when falling into the dojo.
- Fireburst Early can result in a softlock if you fail the trick. If you land in the cat chef's oven, you're cooked.
- Gale Shrine Origin Warp will softlock you in new game if you lack double jump to perform Galestorm Platform Escape. There is no known way to escape the upper floors with single jump, and the elevator is locked from the outside by a Lockjaw whose key cannot be reached. You can die to a demon scroll to respawn at a golden gate, if you have activated one previously.
- Oni Island Origin Warp will softlock you in new game. It can be achieved by 1st frame jumping into the lava. KT Glitch is required to prevent yourself from repeatedly free-falling to a void plane, which loops the origin warp infinitely.
- ICB will softlock you if you warp to North Ryoshima prior to killing the water dragon.
- Early Thunderstorm can result in a softlock if you rejuvenate Gekigami while in midair and do not complete the constellation before you fall into the water and drown. Once Amaterasu drowns, the constellation will no longer work.
- Sasa Early can result in a softlock if you fall directly into Jamba's room on the 2nd floor, and then trigger the elevator while it is still on the 1st floor. The result is being put in an elevator box with no exit. This has been escaped once with double jump, but is believed to be inescapable with single jump. This softlock can be avoided by falling down the elevator shaft without triggering the elevator cutscene.
- Sasa Early will also result in a softlock if you perform it in new game without activating any mermaid springs. The door to the sanctuary is closed without rescuing Chun, and you cannot use the mermaid coin provided by Mr. Bamboo unless you have another location to warp to.
- Fighting a boss without the required brush power will result in a softlock. Spider Queen cannot be damaged without vine, Ninetails cannot be damaged without thunderstorm, Crimson Helm cannot be damaged without galestorm, Orochi cannot be damaged without waterspout. You could die to escape.
- Fighting certain enemies without the brush required power will result in a softlock. The most notable instance of this is the igloo turtle fight trigger shortly after blooming Kamui, which cannot be escaped and cannot be defeated without inferno or fireburst. You could die to escape.
- North Ryo Early can result in a softlock if you land in a corner to the right of the gate, between the mountain and the fence. There is a piece of geometry where you can be trapped, unable to move.