Igloo Turtle Skip
Note: This page describes a glitch, trick, or exploit. To see others, click here.
In Kamui, after Blooming the Guardian Sapling, there is a large fight trigger covering the entire width of the area to the North. This initiates a fight with an Igloo Turtle, which cannot be defeated without either Inferno or Fireburst. The trigger is too tall and deep to simply jump over, but can be skipped via KT's or by using a long-ranged Vine to go around the trigger.
Via KT's (NG+)
While this trick is also done in NG+ All Brushes, in NG+ Any% skipping this fight is imperative. If the trigger is hit, you will be softlocked because the route skips both Inferno and Fireburst, and there is no way to damage the Igloo Turtle without them. The trigger can be cleared in 2 KT's, though more may be done for safety.
Via Vine (NG)
In NG, this massive fight trigger can be avoided by using the Vine Flower (Konohana Blossom) which is normally used to get to the CB3 cave to take Ammy through the air while hugging the invisible collision surrounding the Guardian Sapling. Normally, this flower will not open until Ammy gets fairly close to it, which cannot be done from behind the Igloo Turtle fight trigger and the collision surrounding the Guardian Sapling. However, by loading, unloading, and reloading the flower, it can be opened at a farther distance than normal, which allows it to be used from behind the Guardian Sapling, sending Ammy over the fight trigger. Once this is done, you can simply jump down from the ledge and proceed towards Wep'keer.
Demonstration: https://youtu.be/XvcytZgzFCY. Read the description for more information.
- Normally, the flower checks for Ammy to be within a cylindrical distance (i.e. checking only X and Z coordinates, not Y/height) of 500 units of Distance. This value is stored in memory at main.m2::SystemConfig::`vftable'+53F0.
- After reloading the flower, it checks for Ammy to be within a spherical distance of 800 units. This value is stored at main.dll+8909D0.
- The flower will load when Ammy gets within a spherical distance of 1100 units.
- The flower will unload when Ammy gets outside a spherical distance of 1200 units.
- After Blooming the Guardian Sapling, Ammy spawns at a distance of roughly 1157 units.