- Must start game from a fresh NG+ file.
- Run must be single segment.
- Only IGT (in game time) is counted for leaderboards.
- For timers, runners usually begin time at the first cutscene and end time when Yami dies.
- These routes are based on the KT glitch and therefore are only possible on PS2, PS3, and Wii versions of the game.
A NG+ file is setup after beating the game and choosing to save. In order to optimize menu-ing in the route, the following items are recommended to have at the end of the game:
- At least 1 Karmic Transformer (Preferably all 9)
- All 100 stray beads
- Peace Bell
- At least 52 large exorcism slips (more is always better)
- Gold dusted eighth wonder
- Gold dusted resurrection beads
All other sell-able items should be sold before completing the game to speed up menu-ing.
In addition, it is recommended to set up a new file after completing the run once, tripping up at any brush learning as often as possible. This will guarantee that all cutscenes are able to be skipped.
Cherry Bomb Route (Beginner)
Cherry Bombless Route (Advanced)
River of the Heavens and Kamiki Village
- Skip the introduction cutscenes (x3)
- Go inside the tree
- Run through, using Speed Restoration to keep speed through the cutscenes
- Learn Rejuvenation
- Rejuvenate River
- Run through the next area; learn Power Slash
- Run around the two enemy fights
- Fight 1
- Fight 2
- Power Slash the fruit
- Run towards the boulder blocking the way to Shinshu Field
- Perform Boulder Skip
- Run to Hana Valley
- Run towards the imps at the campfire. During fight:
- Equip Eighth Wonder, Resurrection Beads, String of Beads, and Peace Bell
- Use an exorcism slip
- Run towards painting
- Use an exorcism slip on the fight
- Draw sun and continue towards bear
- Help Susano and roll ball to the shrine
- Learn bloom and bloom Hana Valley blossom
- Run to entrance
- Skip fight 1
- Skip fight 2
- Bloom Shinshu Field
- Get to Agata Forest using 3 KT's
- Run through tunnel, around torch, and jump around invisible wall
- KT out of bounds (2 KT's) and bloom Agata Forest blossom
- Skip Waka fight using 1 KT
- KT up to mermaid spring and trigger its spawn
- Cross river using 1 liquid KT